Sunday, June 23, 2013

High Street Summer Beauty Essentials

My summer essentials (make up bag from Marks and Spencer)


We are over half way through June and although we have had a few hot days summer isn't really here yet! But in preparation for the hot months (which I'm sure are coming) here are my summer beauty essentials and they are all under a tenner!



Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation- (£9.99 from Boots)
This foundation is just amazing! Mine is in the shade 52 (Vanilla) which is probably a shade to dark for me, but it works. I would say this foundation is a light to medium coverage which for me is perfect for summer evenings and nights. It has such a nice dewy finish and just makes your skin look beautiful! If you are looking for a good drugstore foundation I would really recommend this one.



Topshop Lips in Brighton Rock- (£8.00 from Topshop)
Your summer make up just wouldn't be complete without a bright pink lipstick and this is my firm favourite (as you might be able to tell from the disheveled packaging!). So many brands do amazing lipsticks but for me this colour is just amazing. Although the colour is great for summer I wear it all year round as it is one of my all time favourites. I have nearly finished mine and I will be purchasing a new one very soon as I just can't be without it. 



Rimmel 9 in 1 BB Cream- (£6.99 from Boots)
In summer the last thing you want is a cakey full face of heavy foundation and in these sunny months I think BB cream is a great alternative to foundation. I have been using this BB cream almost everyday since the end of April and it's just amazing. For a BB cream, it provides quite good coverage and has a really nice finish. It's also so lightweight, it literally feels like I'm wearing no make up at all which I just love. The high street is full of BB creams at the moment but for me this is definitely one of the better ones I have tried. At the moment I'm getting to the very end of my bottle so I'm not sure whether to repurchase or try a new one, any recommendations??


Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Pinched- (£7.99 from Boots)
Cream blushes have definitely become my new beauty obsession and this one from Revlon is my stand out favourite! Pinched is a perfect peachy coral pink which blends beautifully into your skin and provides a lovely summer glow. I wear this practically everyday and I just can't say enough good things about it! I think for a blush £7.99 is fairly pricey but I think its worth every penny and I can't wait to get my hands on the other colours in the collection.


Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow- (£4.99 from Boots)
This a recent purchase, but its become a make up bag essential. I have the colours permanent taupe and on and on bronze (which in the USA is bad to the bronze I think?) and I really adore both the colours. For me on and on bronze is my favourite, it's a really nice bronzey brown colour with some really pretty shimmer in it. It's a great base for other shadows but it's also great on its own. For lazy make up days just apply it to your lids with your finger tips and you are good to go. Perfect for so many occasions, a must have! 



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in Rendezvous- (£7.99 from Boots)
If a full on lipstick isn't your thing, or you are looking for a more casual day look these lip balm stains from Revlon are great. I only have Rendezvous which is a corally orange colour but there is a great colour selection and I'm sure there will be a shade for you. They are so soft and balmy on the lips and not only do they provide super pigmented colour but they also keep your lips really nicely hydrated. Just perfect for summer days.






So that is just a selection of the make up I shall be using over summer but I hope it has helped and provided some summer inspiration for you all. Thanks for reading!

                                                                       L xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment