Monday, June 24, 2013

Perfect Summer Polishes




One of my favourite parts of summer is being able to get out all my lovely pretty nail varnishes and this summer is no exception! I could list so many nail varnishes that I love for summer but I reckon that would be a bit boring for you all so I have managed to narrow it down to just the top 5! Also if you didn't already know I am obsessed with coral, you will now! 



1. Topshop Nails in Air Kisses- (£5 from Topshop or 2 for £8)
Now I have to admit I bought this colour solely because of the name! I know its bad and completely stupid but it actually turned out quite well for me because I really love the colour. This was one of the first blue nail varnishes I tried and it's just amazing. It's a beautiful baby blue and whenever I look at it it reminds me of lovely blue skies, so of course perfect for summer! But sorry to say it but this one chips so easily, and I mean easily!



2. Revlon Nail Enamel in Siren- (£6.99 from Boots)
My first coral colour and this one is quite an orange coral. It goes on quite sheer so to create a really nice colour you have to apply a couple of coats but after that it's just amazing. Also this hardly chips at all, I was wearing it for a good 4 or 5 days before it first chipped which I think is really good. It's just the most perfect coral and a definite staple for summer. 



3.Essie Mojito- (£7.99 from Boots)
I'm going to say this right from the beginning but I think essie nail varnishes are really overhyped! They are quite expensive and also chip so easily on me. I do like the colour selection and the names are normally really cute but I just don't like the actually product. Sorry rant over. But this is one of the very few Essie nail varnishes I actually don't dislike. It's a super pretty green that looks lovely on the nails, like all Essie nail varnishes I own it chips pretty quick but I think its worth it for the colour.


4. Maybelline Colour Show in Electric Yellow- (£2.99 from Boots)
This summer I am loving summer (I'm thinking of doing a post just on yellow items, any thoughts?) and this is a great yellow nail polish. Like the Revlon one it needs a couple of coats to create a substantial colour but once you have applied them you get an amazing almost neon yellow. I think this nail varnish is perfect to wear with other yellow items but also on its own with a plain outfit to create a pop of colour. This is the only colour show nail varnish I own but I really like the finish, any colour show recommendations?


5. Rimmel 60 Seconds in Coralicious- (£3.69 from Boots)*
This is quite a new find but one that I am in love with already. As the name suggests it's a coral colour but is more pink than orange toned. In the bottle it looks almost red but when applied to the nail the colour changes quite a lot and is even prettier than I first expected. It looks amazing with a tan and is a colour that I'm going to be using loads over summer.


All this talk of nail varnishes has made me want to go paint my nails every colour under the sun so that's what I'm going to do! I believe there is no such thing as too many nail varnishes so let me know your summer picks so I can go out and buy even more!! Thanks for reading.
                                                                 L xxx



P.S: I love love love love love Barry M nail varnishes and I'm amazed I haven't got some of them in my top favourites! If anyone wants a post just on Barry M nail polishes let me know!



*- I got these nail varnishes from a website called Fragrance Direct. My friend told me about this website about 6 monthes ago and basically it sells make up, skincare and perfume really discounted. I think most of the stuff on there is being discontinued but it's really good and I have bought some great stuff from there so go check it out. I think I got the Essie nail varnish on there for about £2.99!!



No comments:

Post a Comment