Thursday, October 17, 2013

Grease Lightning Review


For about 3 or 4 weeks now I have been breaking out left right and centre (yes literally all over my face!!), I have been trying so hard to work out what the cause is but I just can't!! It isn't horomonal, I haven't really started using any new products and I haven't been eating really unhealthily. So I still don't have a clue what is causing this horrible break out but I do have something which is making my skin a hell of a lot better. 

I have heard really good things about this product from all over the blogasphere so when my break out began I practically ran down to Lush to pick this up. I have always been fairly lucky with my skin and apart from the odd spot here and there I have had pretty good skin. Because of this I have no holy grail spot treatment that I turn to, so this recent break out left me searching for the perfect solution, which I do believe I may have found. Grease Lightning is a tea tree spot treatment which you apply straight to the spot. It is obviously a well known fact that tea tree is great for your skin, so I did already think that this product was going to be a winner. I used this for the first time when my skin was probably at its worst. I had multiple spots on my cheeks, as well as on my chin, forehead and nose (it was not a pretty sight make up free). I put this on before bed and went to sleep hoping for instant results, and instant results is what I got. After just one application this had already reduced almost all my spots and even got rid of some of the smaller ones, I was completely amazed my the results and my housemate even commented on how quickly it had worked!!

I have been using this almost every night since and I still really think it is working. I spray a bit of this onto clean fingers and then apply directly to the area that needs it. It creates an almost gel like mask over the top of the spot, you can really feel it drying on your skin and it does feel like a mini face mask for each spot. For me this is becoming my holy grail spot treatment and I completely adore it. I don't know if this works on everyones skin like it has mine but if you are looking for a spot treatment I would really recommend this product. I think this costs about £6 or £7 so it is fairly affordable, and as you are only using it on individual spots it will probably last a fairly long time. 

Have any of you tried this out? What do you think? Know any better products? I'm off to bed now so I'm going to slap some of this on my face, light a few candles and snuggle up with Game of Thrones!! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!!

                                                                   L xxx

P.S- Been loving lipsticks at the moment, my go to make up look seems to be a neutral eye and then a fun lip so my next post will be completely dedicated to my favourite lipsticks of the moment. I also decided to not just take swatches  but also take photos of them on my lips so hopefully you can get an idea of what these lipsticks really look like!! 

5 comments:

  1. Love the post. I've always been interested to try the product! I myself have just started a beauty blog would love if you could check it out! http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, you should try this if you are interested. it is worth the hype! L xx

      Delete
  2. glad this is working, but you could try la roche posay effaclar duo too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that too, L xx

      Delete