Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mini Body Shop Haul Turned Massive Fail


So the other week I went into the Body Shop with a 35% off voucher in hand (found it on voucher codes, not sure if it is still available) and a few things in mind that I wanted. I had smelt an amazing smelling scrub in one of my friends bathrooms recently so I started off smelling pretty much everything in the shop looking for that, which I eventually did. 

The winning smell for me was the Vineyard Peach Body Scrub. I haven't had a good exfoliator for months now and the one I am currently using just isn't very good so I have been looking for a good replacement for while. I honestly haven't heard that much about the  Body Shop scrubs so I have no idea if they are any good or not but the smell just won me over. The scrub smells so sweet and fruity and I really can not wait to try it out. If anyone has used this scrub or any other Body Shop ones let me know how they are??


 Now this is when my shopping trip just went to pot!! What I wanted to get was the Elderflower Cooling Eye Gel. I literally love anything Elderflower related so when I saw this online I couldn't wait to get it. It claims to cool and refresh your eyes which is just what I need in my eye creams (being a student means a lot of late nights, and they are really used to study!). What I ended up buying though was the Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel. Firstly it's unperfumed so it doesn't even smell a little bit like Elderflower and secondly I have tried to find this on the Body Shop website and it literally isn't there so I have no idea what this eye gel even does!! I have looked all over the packaging and in the little leaflet thing on top but no still no clue what this eye gel even does!! Overall not good at all!! I have at least learnt a lesson from this, I will always double check what I am buying before I buy it. 

So quite an unsuccessful shopping trip for me really, hopefully the scrub turns out to be what I have been looking for though. I went on the Body Shop website earlier today and saw that they have an up to 50% AND an extra 40% off if you go onto voucher codes so I have placed a little order which should be landing on my door step soon!! Have you guys had any shopping fails recently??

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! 


                                                                            L xxx

P.S- Got a non make up or beauty related post coming on Thursday, will be involving the sweetest smelling candle ever and a very oversized fluffy jumper!


12 comments:

  1. I really like the elderflower eye gel - it's a wonderful product that helps with reducing puffiness around the eyes and helps with dark circles too. If you keep it in the fridge and apply it it has an extra fast effect and if you wake up with bags under your eyes one day - this will definitely help you, and it feels incredibly soothing and cooling! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it sounds really good, can't wait to try it properly xx

      Delete
  2. I literally have a peach scent obsession and have about 7 of the peach body butters! haha!! I personally really like the scrub so hope it works out well for you too :)

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm glad you like it, so far i'm liking it too xx

      Delete
  3. Mmm those sound lovely! I really need a new Body Shop scrub! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really go into the body shop much, the 50% off sounds like a bargain though

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin // Instagram




    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is such a good deal, you should check it out! L xx

      Delete
  5. The eye gel sounds really good. Do you use it in the morning to freshening up your eyes.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't used it too much yet, but so far I have been putting it on every morning just to wake my eyes up!

      Delete
  6. Everything from the body shop always smells so scrumptious! It's so disappointing when shopping trips don't turn out how you hoped! Hope you actually find out what the eye gel does though!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete