Monday, October 14, 2013

Recent Favourites


So I haven't posted in an inexcusably long time, so first up sorry. I got caught up in refreshers week and then started a new job so I  just haven't managed to post. So as I missed September favourties and just didn't really post for most of September I thought I would just begin with the products that I have been loving in my very long absence!! 



So since I last posted the weather has turned very autumnal and so I have had to step away from the dewy foundations and coral lips in favour for matte foundations and a dark lip. Matte foundations are definitely going to be my make up essential for this winter I think and so far my favourite one has been the 17 Miracle Matte Foundation in Porcelain (£5.99). I bought this out of the blue because it was so cheap. I knew I wanted to try a matte foundation and I thought a cheaper one would be great as I didn't know if I would like it or not. Luckily I loved it and still do!! The finish of this is lovely, it is matte but not too matte that your skin looks cakey and horrible!! I have been wearing this fairly often over the last couple of weeks and I can see myself using it for a long time to come. 



One of my last posts before my extended absence was a mini Rimmel Haul where I picked up one of the Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks in 107 which is a stunning deep raspberry wine colour. This is fast becoming my new favourite lipstick!! The colour is absoloutely lovely and I'm sure it would look great on so many skin tones. I do really like that it is matte but you have to be so careful with matte lipsticks and make sure your lips are in lovely condition or they will end up looking super dry, which is not a good look. I am still on the look out for more winter lipstick shades so if anyone has any recommendations let me know?? 

Mascara wise I have been loving my Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Potion Mascara in Blackened Brown. As I have mentioned before I meant to buy this in just black but being me I just didn't check the colour and ended up getting this colour!! I have to say though my mistake turned out to be quite a good thing as I am really loving this off black colour. This really lengthens your lashes but doesn't add much volume, so if you are looking for volume maybe use another mascara as well as this one to create great length and volume. I have used this almost everyday as my day to day mascara and I can't imagine not using it now. I am also going to purchase this one in the black colour. P.S- my tip is to make sure you curl your lashes really well before using this otherwise it leaves your lashes looking very straight and long which I'm not a fan off. 



Make up wise they have been my stand out favourites but I have also been trying out a few new products so I'm sure I will have some reviews up for those very soon. Beauty wise I haven't added anything new into my routine so theres no change there. 

Onto random favourites now. Last month I mentioned that 2 of my favourite tv shows were coming to and end and since then both Dexter and Breaking Bad have finished. Breaking Bad was just amazing and after watching the final episode I was just speechless, I think any fan of the show will say that the writers ended it perfectly and I can't wait to rewatch all 5 series!!! The end of these shows has meant that I have nothing to watch anymore, so does anyone have any suggestions??

So that is all of my recent favourites, my next post will be a review on the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Cherry I picked up a month or so ago so make sure you stay around for that!! Hopefully you can forgive me for my absence, I will be posting as much as I can now so hopefully that will make up for it!! Thanks and hope you enjoyed,


                                                                          L xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment