Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint Review


This is one of those products that you just don't hear about. I got this for free when I purchased another Rimmel product in my local chemist and when I got home I searched the internet for reviews on this but hardly any came up. At first I didn't know if that was because it was rubbish or just one of those products that slips under bloggers radars. 

This product is really interesting and at first I was really unsure about how good it would be, but like most things it pleasantly surprised me. I got it in the shade Sunkissed Cherry, I'm not sure how many shades are available but where I bought it from there were only 2 colours. This isn't really a cherry colour at all, if anything it looks like an almost coral colour on your cheeks which of course I love.  The packaging, in my opinion, is very meh;  it looks quite cheap and doesn't make me want to buy it. But as always I didn't judge the product too much on its packaging and gave it a go. First off you only need a tiny amount of this product to achieve a really nice colour on the cheek. I have been using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply this with but I also think it would go on really well with a stippling brush or something like that. 

Literally the tiniest amount of product goes a
 long way with this tint!

Application wise, I squeeze a tiny amount onto my hand and then apply with a brush, for me it goes on best if you apply with one brush and then blend with another one, such as the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. The consistency of this product is like nothing I have ever seen before so I can't really compare it to anything but what I can say is that it feels very soft and velvety on the skin. It applies really nicely and leaves a stain of colour on your cheeks which just doesn't budge all day. The finish looks almost powdery but not in a cakey way. 

Overall I really do like this product much more than I thought I would. This product falls somewhere in between a standard cream blush and the Benefit Cheek Tint, in that it leaves a stain on the cheeks similar to that product. This cheek tint is interesting more than anything but it is a really pretty colour and has a lovely finish so I would say give it a go!! I will certainly be buying this in as many colours as I can find. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed,


                                                                         L xxx 

P.S- I went on a little shop the other day so I will be posting a autumn make up haul tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Was unsure about this when I saw it in Boots but now I really want to try it!<3
    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I would say you really should. A hidden beauty must have I think, L xx

      Delete