Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Favourites


Now it has been a hell of a long time since I did one of these! I have been behaving myself very well recently and haven't actually bought too many new products so most of these are either rediscovered treasures or products I have finally got round to using!


First up is a hair product. My hair is fairly low maintenance as I don't really have much of a style and it is normally pretty easy to style but the real problem my hair has is volume! It is a rare occasion that I leave the house with beautiful voluminous hair and if it is like that, it is down to this V05 Plump It Up Dry Backcombing Spray. I picked this up a while ago when there was a buy 2 for £5 deal on along with a heat protection spray (don't really like that product) and I have really enjoyed using it! It basically does what it says on the bottle which is great and gives my hair enough volume to make it almost look good! The only problem I have with this is that it makes your hair quite greasy. I can normally get away with washing my hair twice a week but if I use this I have to wash my hair about every 2 days, saying that I have just repurchased this so for an extra hair wash or 2 it is worth it!!

Next up is this beautiful lipgloss from Seventeen. I literally don't think I have purchased a lipgloss since I was about 12 but in the last couple of weeks I have been loving them! I picked this one up when there was a 3 for 2 offer on in Boots and I really really like it! The Seventeen Lip Lustre is a beautiful light pink colour with some pretty shimmer in it. I have been wearing this on its own but also over lipstick when I am going on nights out. I was really surprised by how nice this looked on the lips and also by the fact it is not at all sticky. This is the first lip product from Seventeen I have tried and I have to say I am really impressed. Have you guys tried their lip products? and what do you think of them? I also have to say I really like the name Queen of Diamonds, and I am a real sucker for a good name!!


Moving on to skincare and this has been my stand out skincare product for the last 6 months or so. In November I turned 20 and pretty much freaked out and decided it was the time to start using anti aging product! I had heard about the L'oreal Skin Perfection range before as it is specially aimed for people in their 20's so I thought I would give that a go. The L'oreal Skin Perfection Day Moisturiser is the best moisturiser I have ever had! My skin can still tend to be a little teenage in that I break out a fair amount and it gets oily but I really feel like this has done wonders! It is a little bit pricey (£14.99) for my student budget but the 50ml container lasts ages (my first one lasted from November to February). I am really keen to try more of the collection so let me know if you have tried any of it before!


My final beauty product and probably my favourite product I have ever mentioned on this blog and that is the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose. This has been re released as part of the Fantasy of Flowers collection and when I first saw it in the shop I quite literally fell in love! I quite frankly do not have the words to talk about this I just love it so much, if you can get your hands on it please do it is absoloutely stunning and completely worth the money (and I never say that). Now please excuse me while I go and fangirl over this some more!

Decided to chuck one random favourite in to the mix and that is Frozen. For some reason I never got a chance to see this when it was on in the cinema but the other week me and the boyfriend finally sat down to watch it and within seconds I was a 5 year old again. This film really did remind me of some of the classic disney princess films which I loved as a kid. I just can't tell you how good this film is you just need to go watch it for yourselves! Parents, kids, teenagers, adults and grandparents will all love this film so just stop reading this and go watch it NOW!

Phew! That turned out to be a little longer than I intended but as it my first post in a long long long long time I had a lot to say!! Let me know below what your march favourites are? Come back again on Thursday where I'll share with you what I got on a recent shopping trip. Hope you enjoyed and Thanks for reading,


                                                                      Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment