Thursday, June 26, 2014

Batiste Dry Styling XXL Plumping Powder Review

I love a good dupe. The excitement of finding something cheap that is the same as a more expensive product is just the best! Now this is how I felt when I stumbled across this little container in Superdrug. I have been lusting over the Bumble and Bumble Pret A Powder for too long now but at £21.50 I just can't bring myself to splurge on it just yet. So when I found this for like 1/10 of the price I have to admit at first I was very excited, that excitement was very short lived though...

My first time using this can only be described as horrific, it literally made my hair sticky!! How you ask? I don't have a clue! I could have maybe dealt with it being sticky if it had given me some volume as well but it did not. My hair was just left sticky and flat, not a good look I can tell you. The beauty girl I am though I didn't stop there and decided to jump on the internet and read some reviews, see if I was doing something wrong. Most of the reviews were pretty bad but I did find a few that basically said try using hardly any and it will really work. 

So I left it a couple of days and tried again, this time literally using the smallest amount, still no volume. My hair didn't end up sticky this time, which I guess is a good thing? But it just didn't do anything, my hair literally looked exactly the same as before I had used it. All of the reviews do say use a tiny amount but I'm not sure how much a tiny amount is? Now I think maybe I am not using enough? aahh!! hair care shouldn't be this much work.


If you can't tell already I don't really like this at all. I will say this might be me, maybe I am using too much but I just can't get on with this. I am going to hold on to this so please if anyone has used this tell me if I am going wrong because I do really want to like this! I am off now to go to do some retail therapy, non beauty shopping of course! Come back tomorrow where I shall be giving my 10 day review of Effaclar Duo +, if you follow me on Bloglovin you will not miss a post so make sure to do that! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading, 

Laura xxx 

Batiste Dry Styling XXL Plumping Powder- http://www.boots.com/en/Batiste-XXL-Plumping-Powder-5g_1338376/

No comments:

Post a Comment