Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Finish Lipstick Review and Swatches


Now I know I am a bit late on this bandwagon but I am finally aboard and wanted to share my thoughts on these lipsticks with you. 
Top- Hot Pepper
Bottom- Frambourjois

First up these are at the more expensive end of the drugstore at £8.99 which did initially put me off but 1, there is always some sort of deal on at Superdrug or Boots and 2, these are worth the money (and maybe even more). I first picked these up back in March so have been using them for a couple of months now and my thoughts haven't actually changed much since I first used them. I also really like the packaging of these, I think the doe foot applicator is really lovely and soft on the lips and the rectangular packaging makes the lipstick look more highend than Bourjois. 


The colours I picked up are Hot Pepper, a bright orange toned red  and Frambourjois, a deep almost purpleish pink. I couldn't decide for ages which 2 colours to purchase but eventually decided out of the 6 available these were the most 'me' colours. Since reading loads and reviews and seeing all the colours swatched I am really interested in picking up Ping Pong as well. I think out of the 2 I have fallen most in love with Hot Pepper, I rarely ever wear a red lip, let alone a matte red lip so this is quite a scary lipstick for me but I really really enjoy wearing it. 

These apply glossy and then dry a lovely velvet matte, which stays on all night. The first time I wore this on a night out I think I reapplied once over the whole night and literally had to scrub at my lips to get this off!! The lasting power of these are fabulous and what is even more amazing is that these do not make your lips looked chapped and disgusting! I have never really got on with many matte lip products, mainly because I don't think they look that nice unless you have perfect moisturised and non cracked lips (which I sadly do not have) but these bad boys are different. No matter how disgusting my lips are these go on beautifully and make my lips look gorgeous (if I don't say so myself!). 


Overall I am really really impressed with these and I will definitely be picking up some more shades. Only having 6 colours does make the line quite limited but hopefully over time they will release some more shades because I am sure everyone will love them. Have you guys tried these? What did you think?

I am so so so happy to say that I have receached 100 followers, I didn't think 100 people would ever in a million years care about my blog, so thank you so much to everyone who has followed me on Bloglovin. And if you haven't followed me yet please do! Links are in the side and also below. Come back tomorrow for another haul, this time Body Shop. Hope you are all having a good Sunday, thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed,


                                                                    Laura xx

P.S- Just looked on the Boots website and there is a deal for 2 for £14 on Bourjois products and 3 for 2 on make up at Superdrug so if you are interested in getting these check these deals out!

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Finish Lipsticks- http://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-lipstick_1459266/

1 comment:

  1. 'hot pepper' looks amazing, definitely gonna have to check them out!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete