Saturday, June 21, 2014

Make Up Revolution Palette Haul

When make up revolution first launched I placed a very small order and purchased just a few things to try out. Out of the 3 products 2 were awesome and one was disappointing (look out for that product in tomorrow's blog post) so when I saw they had some new palettes out I couldn't resist checking them out. I ended up getting 5 palettes at £6 each, 2 eyeshadow palettes, 2 blush and contour palettes and 1 concealer palette. So without further ado let's talk palettes!

Ultra Cover and Concealer Palette in Light- Medium
This palette contains  8 shades of concealer which I would say are on the lighter side of light to medium. I have wanted a concealer palette like this for ages, I previously got one from ELF but it didn't live up to expectations and only features 4 quite similar shades. I think this will be awesome for concealing everything from blemishes to dark circles but also will be fun when trying to contour like Kimmy K. 

Ultra Blush Palette in Sugar and Spice
This again contains 8 shades and I have to say I think I love every single one! All the shades are quite bright and pink toned with an almost white baked highlighter to complete the line up. All of the colours are pretty matte and range from bright pinks to bronzey colours with one baked blusher to match the highlighter. The pink colours in this palette are so bright but I am very excited to have a play around. 

Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice
As before 8 shades this time all beautifully coral toned colours. The highlighter and one blush are again baked but this time there are 4 shimmery colours which when I swatched them looked stunning. I'd say I like the other palette slightly more on first impression but after playing around with them both that could definitely change. I think I prefer the highlighter in this palette though because it has more of a pinky undertoned. 

Dia De Los Muertos Eyeshadow Palette
This features a highly impressive 18 shades, 12 shimmery, 6 matte colours. This isn't probably the palette for girls who love a neutral look! I would say there are 10 shades that I would wear day to day but the other 8 are definitely brighter more colourful colours than you would want for everyday make up! I wanted to get this palette because I think it looks really fun and over the summer I have a few events coming up that I want to wear more colourful make up for! After first swatch my eye is on Redemption is Near, Affirmation, Live Life and There Is Always A Way Back. 

What You Waiting For Eyeshadow Palette
Now to the complete other end of the eyeshadow palette spectrum with this neutral eyeshadow girls dream! I think every colour in this palette is just stunning! Some of the colours aren't dissimilar to those of the Naked 3 (May do a full comparison at a later date) and are going to be perfect for a smokey eye. I think some of my favourite shades are Now It's Only Me, Take A Chance, Stupid H... And Sex Chromosome. 

I am sure you will be hearing more about all these palettes as I use them more and more. Have you guys picked up any of the new palettes? So that's it over for my last haul for a while! Please come back tomorrow where I am going to be a little Debbie Downer and talk about some disappointing products, follow me on Bloglovin so you don't miss that. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,

Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. Fab post! I know this is a bit off topic, but "Sex Chrosome"? I would have thought that considering this is a super cheap makeup brand, the target audiance (younger girls age 10-12) hasn't really been thought out! Just a thought...xxx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete