Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Favourite Summer Lipsticks (And One Lipgloss!)


It is far to say that we are definitely in summer! The weather has been lovely for so long now and when it is this hot I can not stand wearing make up so my routine has basically been concealer, eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, cream blush and then LIPSTICK. We all know I am a massive lipstick junkie, I have an eyewatering amount, so I thought I would share with you some of the ones I have been loving this summer, 

Topshop Lips In Alibi
I picked this up in May on a shopping trip to London and it has been a firm favourite ever since. I tend to have trouble with nudes but this seems to be an almost perfect peachy nude lipstick. It is fairly sheer, so if you want a more opaque nude this probably isn't the lipstick for you, but I think it is great to just put on when you are in a hurry and picking a lipstick is just too much effort!! 


MAC Amplified Lipstick in Chatterbox
This lipstick has and will always have a very special place in my heart. I heard Tanya Burr talk about this ages ago and this was my first ever MAC purchase. I am now on my second stick, and I think this will be an eternal repurchase. This is just the prettiest pink colour, it gives a simple make up look a lovely pop of colour and looks great on so many skin tones! This is one of the amplified lipsticks so it does have a really lovely sheen to it as well.



MAC Cremesheen Glass in Playful Petal
Unfortunately this is a limited edition lipgloss but I just had to include this. I have powered my way through this tube of lipgloss at an insane pace and I'm not even sorry. This is lovely on it's own but it is also great over other lipsticks to give a bit more glittery sparkle. My only problem with this is that it is limited edition so I am not going to be able to repurchase it (cue tears). If you guys know of any dupes for this lipgloss please do let me know though because I can't not have this in my life.



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous
So I know everyone is loving the matte Revlon balms but I like the recycle so I have pulled out a balm stain from last summer which I hated and have managed to make it work. As a ginger girl orange lipsticks don't really work for me but over the last couple of weeks I have been feeling brave and tried to make it work with this balm and I have to say I like it! These balms are all fantastic, so pigmented and nourishing on the lips. This colour is a really flattering orange for me and also smells really nice and minty.



Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 03 Hot Pepper
I am still loving these things! I have been using this almost solely when I have wanted a red lip because 1, it is the nicest red! 2, it stays on for hours (and I mean hours), and 3, I am loving a matte lip. I have raved about these enough so I am not going to say anymore except if you don't own one, go buy one!




So they are the lipsticks I have been loving recently. What lipsticks have you been loving this summer? Make sure to give me a follow on Bloglovin so you never miss a post, and come back tomorrow for a review of one of the Make Up Revolution Blush Palettes. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading (I'm off to enjoy the sun!),

Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great collection. Love the look and name of the last one! Perfect with a tan!

    Cat from OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete