Monday, December 1, 2014

Blogmas Day 1: 21st Birthday Haul Part 1


Well writing a blog post again feels weird! It has been a long long absence but I am actually really excited to try get back on it. So to kick off getting back into blogging I thought I would start with one of my favourite posts to read and write, a haul. Now this isn't you average haul it is my birthday haul! A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my 21st birthday and had such a fab weekend. If any of my friends or family are reading this I just want to say a massive thank you for making it so special, especially my housemates who made my actual birthday so fun and special! Now before I start crying all over my laptop lets get into what I got!


First up from my Auntie and Uncle I got the Real Techniques Nics Picks Make Up Brush Set. Can we just all appreciated how nice the silver holographic colour looks on these brushes, makes such a nice change from the usual orange/purple.This is a limited edition brush collection set that features 2 already existing brushes, the Duo Fibre Face Brush and the Base Shadow brush as well as 3 exclusive brushes just for this set. The exclusive brushes are the Cheek Brush, Angled Shadow Brush and Eyeliner Brush. I have already had a play around with all these brushes and I love them all! Real Technique brushes are some of the best brushes out there and these are the same standard as all the other brushes in their collection. My favourite at the moment is the duo fibre face brush, which I have been using to apply bronzer, simply because it is so so soft! I am so so happy with this set and can't recommend it enough. Remember it is limited edition so make sure you snap it  up quick! 




Staying on the brush front my lovely friends also got me a MAC 217 Brush! I have somehow never owned this brush before! I think this brush has to be the MOST talked about brush in the blogging community and now I finally have my paws on this I can tell why. This brush is completely changing my eyeshadow game, it blends even the worst eyeshadow out perfectly and is so soft I could rub it all over my face all day. This does have quite a hefty price tag on it but as Christmas is approaching I would definitely put this on your wish list because it is a must have!





Staying on the MAC theme I also got the Objections of Affection Pink and Rose Pigment and Glitter Collection. This little set features 5 glitters and pigments all with a pink tone to them. Each one is so gorgeous and just gives any eye look a little something special. I am still loving my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and I think these would look fab when I am doing eye looks with that! This is again a limited edition set for Christmas and I think would make a perfect gift so if you are interested in getting this make sure you get it quick because I think they are already selling out online.


Now onto my favourite subject, lipstick. This birthday I did very well lipstick wise getting 2 lipsticks and both from Topshop. First up is Macaroon. This is a lovely light pink colour which is the perfect your lips but better colour! I have been wearing this loads since my  birthday as it is so easy to use and just leaves your lips looking gorgeous! Now onto the other end of the lipstick spectrum with Hazard, this is a beautiful dark red colour. I actually owned this colour once before but managed to lose it after wearing it only once so I was so happy to get it again. This colour will be perfect for this time of year and I can see myself wearing this a hell of a lot during the Christmas party season!




So I have by far left the best to last and I am not actually sure if I am going to have the words to talk about this but here goes. So my best friends bought me one of the best presents a make up junkie could ask for, Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita. Yeah I said it, a bloody Charlotte Tilbury Palette!!! I think this must have been on my beauty wishlist for a year or so now and I am so so happy to finally have it! I literally had to stop several times when I was opening this because I was crying with happiness so much, (my mum could not understand this at all, but it was an emotional time!). I have only used this once so far but it is honestly stunning. All the colours are so creamy and just blend out perfectly (especially when I use my 217) and the glitter is so pigmented. Basically I love it!


OK so that is it so far for part 1! I will be posting another birthday haul tomorrow so make sure you come back for that so you can see all the other beauty bits I was lucky enough to get! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,

Laura xxx

Blogmas: I am attempting to do blogmas this December which means I shall be posting a blog post every single day the whole way through December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment